Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Daughter's Income Included in Household?

By on | No Comments

Question: I recently retired and my dependent minor child receives Social Security benefits based on my retirement. She will be required to file a tax return in her name, although she will not pay any tax because her income is not high enough. How do I handle this income on the Covered California application?

Answer: Your daughter's taxable income is included in your household income. When she files her tax return, she should not take a personal exemption (0 exemptions) that will allow for you to continue to claim her exemption on your tax return

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.