Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Adult Child Coverage?

By on | No Comments

Question: I thought my daughter could stay under Covered California plan until she is 26 years old? I was told that she had to be a dependent on my taxes. Is this correct?

Answer: If you are eligible premium assistance (a subsidy) for your family and wish to include your daughter as part of your household, she must be a dependent on your income tax return. If you are not eligible for premium assistance, your adult child can be financially independent and pay their own taxes and still be included on your family coverage to age 26.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.