Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Coverage During Asylum Processing?

By on | No Comments

Question: I am under Asylum Processing for about 90 days now ,and I want a medical insurance, However right now I dont have SSN or a ID ,just passport from China, how do I get a medical insurance?

Answer: I recommend International Travel Insurance which you can purchase as a Chinese citizen. You can get coverage for a limited period of time while in the United States. You select the length of time, but 90-days is no problem. The plan covers pre-existing conditions only in the case of acute onset. You can pick your deductible and coverage limits depending on your budget. Cost of overage is very reasonable. Click here for a quote Under Patriot Travel Medical Insurance, select Patriot America

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.