Question: What is the plan to replace Obamacare?
Answer: The House of Representatives is presenting their health plan today. Here are the highlights:
- Eliminate insurance marketplaces 2018.
- Eliminate insurance mandate and penalties 2018.
- Eliminate some “essential” benefits 2018.
- Eliminate taxes on $250K+ households, insurance companies, medical devices makers 2018.
- Phase out consumer subsidies based on income 2018.
- Provide consumer subsidies based on age 2018.
- Phase out federal aid for Medicaid expansion 2020.
- Provide block-grants to states for Medicaid funding 2020.