Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Add Daughter After Open Enrollemnt?

By on | No Comments

Question: My daughter is 18 and on my ex husband's health insurance policy at his work. I claim her as a dependent on my taxes. If he drops her from his policy after open enrollment closes, does that create a special enrollment for her under my Covered california policy?

Answer: Yes. She will be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for 60 days after her loss of coverage. Since she is part of your household, you can add her to your Covered California coverage at that time.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.