Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Marital Separation Eligibility?

By on | No Comments

Question: I just separated from my husband, living on my own. I make $25,000/year income myself. We filed taxes together last year. Will I have a problem enrolling in a plan for 2017? I don't have an individual income tax return to show. I am wondering how that works.

Answer: You can be eligible for Covered California coverage for 2017 as a 1-person household, if you get divorced and file a single taxpayer return for the 2017 tax year. Married filing separately will not work.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.