Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

HSA Compatible Plans?

By on | No Comments

Question: I am currently enrolled in a high deductible plan with CCA. Can I start an HSA? If so how do I do this? And what expenses are eligible.

Answer: You may have to change your high deductible Bronze plan to one specifically labeled HSA eligible. Once you have done that, you can open an HSA account at the financial institution of your choice.​ Any medical, dental, or vision expense that the IRS recognizes as deductible can be paid with pre-tax dollars from your HSA funds.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.