Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Mid-Year Household Change?

By on | No Comments

Question: My son will graduate from college in June 2014 and expects a full-time job with employer health care. How will this impact my family’s eligibility for ACA subsidy that we otherwise will meet.

Answer: It is your responsibility to notify Covered California when your son has coverage. Covered California will recalculate your subsidy at that time. If your son files his own income tax return in 2014 and you do not claim him as a dependent. You will continue to pay your same “fair share” of the premium for the remaining household.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.