Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Where Does Agent Sign App?

By on | 2 Comments

Question: Step 3 on page 15 of the paper application allows the insured to choose an authorized agent. Is that where the certified agent is confirmed OR on page 18 in the Certified Enrollment Counselor/Entity section. Thank you.

Answer: Step 3 on Page 15 of the “Single Streamlined Application” (gotta love that name) is for Authorized Representatives not agents. Agents sign on page 18 where is says “Certified Insurance Agent” not counselor or entity.


OK, problem solved. There are two versions of the paper application located on two different sites. I found the one with the section for certified agents.

The application I downloaded from the Covered California site has two signature lines on page 18, just below where the applicant signs. One for Enrollment Counselor the other for Certified Enrollment Entity. Am I safe to assume that I would be the entity?

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.