Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Appointments with Insurance Companies

By on | 3 Comments

Question: To become certified to sell insurance through the Exchange in October, must an agent also be appointed with the insurance companies that are selling the plans in the exchange? For instance, if I, as a licensed agent and certified through the exchange, help enroll a client with a Blue Shield plan, must I first be appointed to sell Blue Shield outside the exchange?

Answer: Yes, otherwise you won’t get paid for Covered California business enrolling with Blue Shield.



Phil - How can I find out which insurance companies have been licensed with Covered California? Dave Stepek

Hi Phil,

I called Health Net individual and they stated that you had to sell one plan first to get appointed. Please advise. Thank you. Vikki Messina

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.