Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Access to Coverage Through an Association

By on | No Comments

Question: I am unemployed but have access (for a while) by belonging to a realtor-associated organization. They offer group coverage - does that disqualify me from signing up for the Cal Exchange and getting a health ins subsidy? If that is the case, can I quit the organization and then be eligible for the subsidy?

Answer: Your eligibility for a subsidy (advance tax credit) in Covered California will depend solely on your income. While you currently have access to health insurance through an association, this is not an employer-sponsored plan because there is no employer cost sharing.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.