Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Can I Go to the Exchange If...?

By on | No Comments

Question: If the spouse is covered through the group policy and dependent coverage is offered and the spouse and dependents elect not to take coverage under the employer’s policy. Can they go to the Exchange and receive coverage, tax credits & subsidies if eligible?

Answer: The spouse and dependents can certainly shop and enroll at Covered California, but they will not be eligible for tax credits (subsidies) unless the employer-covered spouse pays more than 9.5% of his or her income for their employee contribution. For more detail, read, Bad News …

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.