Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

For-Profit Assister Entities?

By on | 1 Comment

Question: Can privately held for-profit companies become enrollment agents for ACA?

Answer: The ACA does not rule out the option of for-profit assister entities. Covered California was considering the option of certifying large retail stores like CVS Pharmacy, Costco, Wal-Mart, etc. to be enrollment assister entities They recently decided not to go there. That does not mean that they are not open to the possibility of working with other for-profit businesses to boost enrollment.

1 Comment

Just like the answer says, YES, for-profit organizations can become enrollment agents for Covered California. These organizations probably will not charge a fee for enrolling individuals into the exchange since they get paid by the insurance companies for each person that they enroll..

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.