Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Covered California Assisters

By on | 3 Comments

Question: To become as assister, will you have to be licensed?

Answer: Assisters can be licensed agents or unlicensed In-Person Assisters (IPAs). IPAs cannot work independently as agents do. They have to be connected with an assister entity, typically a non-profit community organization.


Hi; I get the letter from covered California in that letter told me not qualify for Premium tax credits, enhanced silver plan. They will sent separate notice from my county of residence but I still didn’t! get it. How long I have to wait that notice and do I need to do something? Would you let me know what should I do.
Thank you

Your request has been forwarded to Covered California. Their email address is info@hbex.ca.gov

My organization is a 501c3 who works with an underserved Indigenous population called the Garifuna in Los Angeles and Long Beach. The Garifuna people are multi-lingual culture who spans from Central America and the Caribbean. My organization would like to outreach and education the community about the new health care changes which many are unaware of. How can my non-profit community organization become an assister entity? Also, how can someone become a licensed agent or navigator? How can reigister for the 3 day training?

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.