Question: How will the Exchange decide which carriers it will offer in Covered California?
Answer: The Covered California Evaluation Team will try to select a high-quality choice of QHPs at the best available price in every corner of California. The Exchange said that it will give greater consideration to proposed QHPs that promote the following:
- Affordability for the consumer and small employer - both in terms of premium and out-of-pocket expenses.
- “Value” competition based upon quality, service, and price.
- Competition based upon meaningful QHP choice and product differentiation.
- Competition throughout the state.
- Alignment with providers and delivery systems that serve the low-income population.
- Delivery system improvement, effective prevention programs and payment reform.
- Long-term partnerships between the Exchange and Health Insurance Issuers.