Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Reimbursing Employee Deductibles

By on | No Comments

Question: I own a small business and have a health insurance plan for myself and 6 employees. Most of us have elected high deductible insurance coverage - over $1000 deductible. If I choose to reimburse the employees for their health insurance deductible, what would be the best way to do it?

Answer:To do it right you will want to create a Health Reimbursement Arrangement or HRA. If you reimburse employee out-of-pocket medical expenses without a proper HRA in place, you’ll be reimbursing with after tax-dollars. The HRA makes the reimbursements tax deductible to the business and pre-tax for the employee.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.