Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Getting Coverage from Spouse's Employer

By on | No Comments

Question: I have insurance through my job. My kids are under my husband’s job insurance. I just received information that my job’s insurance is going to change the plan … It is way too expensive for just one person. My question is, do you think that my husband’s insurance would insure me?

Answer: Your husband’s employer has the option of not adding you on your spouse’s coverage if you have coverage offered by your own employer. You should ask your husband to inquire with his employer if you can be added. If so, you may have to wait until his next open enrollment period.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.