Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Insure My Baby

By on | No Comments

Question: Should i put my baby on my work insurance or a private plan?

Answer: If your employer pays a substantial portion of the cost for your baby’s coverage and the portion that you have to pay is affordable for you, then go with the employer-sponsored plan. But you may find that your employer does not contribute toward an employee’s dependent coverage. If that is the case you should shop for a child-only health insurance for your baby. Child-only health insurance is a health plan for a child, or children, without an adult on the same policy. Health insurance rates for infants under 1 year old are higher and this is understandable, because all health insurance plans now include well-child baby visits and routine exams that include blood tests and other diagnostic tests. Once beyond the toddler stage, children’s health insurance is more affordable.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.