Speak with a Covered California certified agent! Call (888) 413-3164 or Shop Online Now

Shop and Compare

California Health Insurance Plans and Rates

It's easy. Just enter your zip code.

Covered California Q&A

Covered California and Obamacare related questions from consumers, employers and agents are answered by Phil Daigle with the best information available at the time. Archived entries may no longer be accurate as the Covered California and Obamacare knowledge-base is evolving quickly. TO REQUEST A PERSONAL RESPONSE INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS.

Court Ordered Coverage for Child

By on | No Comments

Question: What do I do about this? The court says I have to get insurance for my son in Houston Texas but I live in Wisconsin. I tried to do a application on teh computer but its asking for all kinds of infomation I dont have about him. I didnt even know I had a son until last week.

Answer: This can be challenging but it's doable. In the first instance I would recommend using a paper application rather than completing one online. Let me know if you need help with this part. You will then need to contact the primary care giver for your son in Texas. You'll need to go through the application with them over the phone. They will also need to sign and date the application seeing as they are the child's guardian. You may want to wait until you receive the signed form back before you complete the payor information and submit it for consideration by the insurance company.

Leave a comment

Do You Have California Health Insurance Questions?

Ask An Expert

View Previous Questions
Call Us at (888) 413-3164

© 2022 California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC
Home / About / Start Shopping / Ask a Question

“Covered California,” “California Health Benefit Exchange”, and the Covered California Logo are registered trademarks or service marks of Covered California, in the United States. This web site is owned and maintained by California Health Benefit Advisers, LLC, which is solely responsible for its content.