Covered California Coverage
Is it too late to sign up?
The 2015 open enrollment period is over, but you still can still sign up if you are now uninsured and you were unaware of the federal penalty for not having insurance. You have until April 30, 2015 to enroll.
Otherwise you can also enroll if you have a “qualifying event”. These life changing events include::
- Lost other health insurance including Medi-Cal
- Permanently moved to or within California
- Had a baby or adopted a child
- Got married or entered into a domestic partnership
- Returned from active duty military service
- Released from incarceration.
- Gained citizenship or lawful presence.
- American Indian or Alaskan Native
Other qualifying life events:
- A change in income that affects eligibility for financial assistance
- As a result of an error, misrepresentation, or inaction by an insurer or agent
- Eligible for COBRA coverage;
- Current individual plan will renew outside of the ACA’s open enrollment periods
- Participated in national service programs, such as AmeriCorps
We can help you.
CAHBA provides professional assistance in applying for coverage and advice in selecting health care coverage through Covered California. We are Certified Covered California Insurance Agents. We make it easy for you to shop and apply for health insurance. Call us at 888-413-3164 or e-mail email@example.com.