CAHBA.com is a great resource for consumers and agents looking for information and advice about California health insurance and particularly the Covered California health insurance marketplace. CAHBA is a private entity and does not represent or otherwise provide services on behalf of Covered California.
About Covered California
Covered California is the state health insurance exchange for California and will be the primary individual health insurance marketplace starting in 2014. Through Covered California, low-income individuals and families will be able to apply for free coverage in Medi-Cal and moderate income Californians will be able to apply for discounted health insurance with premium-subsidies. Higher income people will be able to purchase a California health plan at negotiated rates.
CAHBA Adds Value
CAHBA provides a way for consumers to get guidance in selecting health care coverage through Covered California with the help of a licensed health insurance agent. Our Find a Pro application will make it easy for consumers to connect with a local agent who will be a trained, certified, and contracted with Covered California.
Millions Will Enroll
For a quick overview of the California market, check out this chart of the new health care landscape for California’s 38.6 million projected population by 2014. The segments most affected by the ACA are the individual health insurance market and Medi-Cal.
- Total Population: 38.6 million
- Covered California with subsidies: 1.2 million
- Covered California without subsidies or individual private market: 1.7 million
- Employer-paid health care: 19.1 million
- Medi-Cal: 7.7 million
- Medicare: 4.6 million
- Other public programs: 0.6 million
- Uninsured: 3.7 million
- Covered California to Prohibit Paid Referrals Between Agents and Assisters
- Shorter Paper Application
- Covered California Launch Likely to be Messy
- HHS Clarifies Minimum Contribution and Group Participation Requirements
- Why Medical Bills are Killing Us
- The Haves vs the Have Nots: Healthcare Version
- PCIP to Suspend Enrollment March 2, 2013